About

Kathryn Janeway, Captain of the Starship Voyager. I am here to tell all about Starfleet. Uncover the deception, the lies and the damn right incompetence at the heart of the Federation. Oh, and a few other things too!

Please feel free to comment as well as rate my posts. If you're interested in a link swap, please leave a comment.
 

ShowMeSciFi

INNOVATION - MRS Happy

This was to be the phazor of all phazors. It was supposed to surpass even my trusty Mr Happy in terms of power, style and ease of use. However, Belanna managed to mess that up!

The specifications were that it had to be approximately the same size as Mr Happy, look similar but have twin multi-directional phazors, inbuilt pulse gun along with a type 1 deflector. I also asked if she could throw in a phaze cannon attached to the barrel but knew it would be a long shot at best.

Well what can I say about this beast? What should have become my new best friend, never even made it off the testing range. 

Firstly, the multidirectional phazors worked rather well. The energy consumption was dramatically reduced by over a third however the targeting array kept frying and melting the trigger mechanism in the process leaving the user ducking for cover as the thing fired shots off at random locations.

Secondly, the type 1 deflector just couldn't be incorporated correctly. We all ways ended up with everything being deflected away from the unit - including the user. I lost 17 members of my crew testing this!

Third was the phaze cannon. I have to commend Belanna on at least trying to incorporate this into the unit. However, whilst charging, the thing would overload dispensing the charge into the unit instantly frying the user. Another 8 crew members sacrificed themselves on this part of the project.

Then we come to the style of the unit. Just because I wanted to name it Mrs Happy doesn't mean it had to look like something Chacotay made on the funny farm. Put simply, there was just no way I was taking that thing anywhere! Although I did send it to the Borg Queen on her birthday. You can only imagine the look on her face when she tried that out - kept me going for weeks!

PROJECT - Mrs Happy (Phasor Mark 15)
OUTCOME - Failure, although a success in that we got the Borg Queen good!
TOTAL COST - 25 Crew members, 47 phasor coils, 24 pots of glitter, 6 tubs of glue and 2 pairs of safety scissors. - Yes Chacotay tried to help!

Kathryn,

Comments

2 Responses to "INNOVATION - MRS Happy"

Anonymous said... 20 February 2009 at 10:21

Hilarious! I always wondered what a Voyager version of mine would look like! Thanks for dropping in. I'll link you as soon as I can.

Anonymous said... 20 February 2009 at 16:22

Will get you too once i've completed updates...

Post a Comment

Find It